Are you looking for a simple way to remove lipstick stains from clothes?
Today, lipstick has been used by women all across the world. The reason is quite obvious that their daily fashion routine is just incomplete without lipstick.
It amplifies their beauty and makes them look just beautiful.
However, the same lipstick becomes a very big headache for you when you encounter it in the form of a stain on your clothes.
It just ruins your clothes and refuses to get removed no matter what you try.
Removing the lipstick stains is a problem that almost everyone has struggled with, and that’s why today we are going to drop some proven and effective lipstick stain removing tricks that will prove a blessing in disguise for you and save a lot of time.
What are you waiting for? Let’s jump down and explore everything.
Lipstick stain removing tricks #1: Use your dish soap
The problem with bleaches and other stain removing products is that they are highly acidic, and they just deteriorate and degrade the condition of your cloth when you apply them over it.
So, there is a need for something that has the ability to fight stains like bleaches but is less acidic, and that thing is your dish soap.
Liquid dish soaps are gentle and can remove the stains at the same time without deteriorating the quality or color of the fabric.
Dish soaps are made for removing the strong, greasy stains from the dishes.
Lipsticks also contain certain natural oils; therefore, dish soap is the perfect choice for lipstick stains.
How to use dish soap to get lipstick stains out of your clothes:
- Take an absorbent towel and place it on the floor.
- Put the cloth affected with a lipstick stain over the absorbing towel.
- Take the dish soap and drop it directly over and the backside of the lipstick stain, and leave it as it is for 10 minutes at least.
- Take a damp cloth and use it for gently blotting the lipstick stain.
- Make sure that the absorbing towel below is absorbing all the water and soap because otherwise, the lipstick stain will spread further on the cloth. You should keep changing it frequently during the process.
- Once the lipstick stain is gone, just throw the cloth for a complete wash into the washing machine.
- Make sure to check that the lipstick stain is completely gone before drying.
- If the stain still exists, repeat the process until it’s gone.
Lipstick stain removing tricks #2: Use baking soda + lemon juice
Lemon juice and baking soda are those two things that not only provide you nutritionally and health benefits but also help you with a lot of life hacks.
You will be glad to know that lemon juice and baking soda can be used for lipstick stains too.
How to use baking soda and lemon juice to get lipstick stains out
- Take one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda.
- Mix them with each other and create a thick paste to apply.
- Apply a thick layer of that paste on the lipstick stain & leave it intact for 30 minutes.
- Wash the cloth in the washer and then dry it in the sun.
Lipstick stain removing tricks #3: Try hair spray
Hairspray can be one of the best things you can use for removing lipstick stains.
If you ever noticed that on the back of the hairspray bottles, it is written that they are inflammable. Why? It’s because they contain alcohol.
Alcohol can be the best option when it comes to removing lipstick stains. Just throw some hairspray over the lipstick stain until it becomes soaked with it.
The power of ingredients in hairspray will dissolve the lipstick stain and make it easy for you to remove it.
Lipstick stain removing tricks #4: Apply shaving cream
The shaving or foaming cream lying in your bathroom can be your best friend for removing the lipstick stains.
You probably did not know that before, right?
What you have to do is to put a thick layer of shaving cream over the lipstick stain on your clothes and leave it intact for more than 15 minutes.
The shaving cream will soften and dissolve the lipstick stain for you. After that, just put it in your washer for a good complete wash and then take it out for drying.
You need to ensure before drying that the lipstick stains are completely gone. If you still find the lipstick stains, then you can repeat the whole process again & again as long as the stains won’t vanish.
We hope this article helped you to remove lipstick stains from clothes. You may also want to see 4 Easy tricks to remove chocolate stains from anything and 4 Quick tricks to remove coffee stains from clothes.