A substitute for baking soda, an exceptionally essential ingredient to be used in baking, Cream of tartar helps bake and clean around the home’s surfaces. Apart from all these uses, the Cream of tartar has several health benefits too. Yes! This common household ingredient can do wonders to your health.
Are you suffering from a migraine headache? Or you want clean and clear skin, free of acne; Cream of tartar, although ordinary, is the go-to product for all the extraordinary health benefits.
Today, in this article, We have summarized the potential uses and the surprising benefits of Cream of tartar, but before jumping straight towards the topic, let us understand what Cream of tartar is? And how is it prepared?
Cream of tartar:
Cream of tartar is an essential ingredient that is specifically included in many recipes. Still, people barely know what it is and why is it added to the recipes and menus. From a scientific perspective, Cream of tartar is potassium bitartrate or potassium hydrogen tartrate produced as a byproduct during wine preparation.
You can use it as a secret ingredient; a pinch of it can altogether change your dish’s flavor. Moreover, it has a long shelf life; if stored properly in air-tight containers, it lasts longer with a fresh look and slight acidic smell.
Uses and benefits of Cream of tartar:
Cream of tartar has numerous benefits and uses in cooking, baking, and cleaning. Amazingly people use this common household ingredient for several health benefits as well. You can try them out but make sure not to ingest Cream of tartar without some professional or doctor’s recommendation.
1. Treat your constipation using the Cream of tartar.
Cream of tartar also has magnesium that can regulate the bowel movement and, therefore, can work as a mild laxative. Moreover, it has diuretic effects and should be used occasionally rather than regular casual usage. The consistent use of Cream of tartar can result in high blood potassium level, dehydration, and loss of electrolytes from the body due to the diuretic effect of Cream of tartar.
Consult your health professional for proper instructions before using the Cream of tartar for constipation.
Read More: Powerful remedies for constipation.
2. Cream of tartar for migraine
Cream of tartar enriched with potassium can be a great reliever of migraine pain. Potassium and salt can regulate the body’s blood pressure and hydration, eventually decreasing the headache due to migraines.
Here again, before using it for any such purpose, you should consult a health professional for advice. Unchecked intake of Cream of tartar can increase your body’s potassium levels, leading to life-threatening hyperkalemia.
3. Combat acne-prone impurities in your skin
Cream of tartar has an acidic nature and specific antibacterial properties that can clear your body and skin from toxins and essential that can cause acne.
Therefore, if you want to get clean and acne-free skin, you should give it a try. Start with a teaspoon of Cream of tartar in a glass full of water or fresh orange juice regularly, and you will notice changes in your skin.
Read More: Techniques to get rid of acne.
4. Cream of tartar to manage UTI
Cream of tartar can help alleviate a lot of urinary tract infection symptoms and prevent their recurrence. Cream of tartar can balance the pH of urine and can, therefore, help manage UTIs.
5. Treat heartburn with the help of Cream of tartar.
Together with baking soda, Cream of tartar can prove to be extremely useful to treat heartburn naturally. Whenever you feel heartburn, drink a combination of half a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with a half teaspoon of Cream of tartar, and you will feel relieved.
Read More: Causes of heartburn
Uses of Cream of tartar other than health benefits:
- Cream of tartar is an excellent ant repellent. You can create a borderline for the ants by the Cream of tartar, and the ants won’t ever dare to cross the line and enter your home.
- Want to clean your stained kitchen appliances? Mix Cream of tartar with vinegar and scrub the target appliance. Clean it with a damp cloth afterward.
- Moreover, the Cream of tartar is an excellent stain remover from the shirt collars and other clothes. Just use the Cream of tartar on the stained area with a brush and wash it afterward.
- You can polish silver using Cream of tartar.
- Mix the Cream of tartar with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and use it to remove rust spots.
- Clogged drains are not a problem anymore. Pour a cup or two of hot boiling water, and then drop down a mixture of Cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse it thoroughly with more boiling water.
The benefits from Cream of tartar are not attested yet. Hence, using Cream of tartar without any consultation from professionals or doctors can cause harm and hazard despite its potential benefits.
Therefore, using this common household ingredient responsibly and adequately can help you deal with many health problems, and the cleaning properties of Cream of tartar can be of great benefit.