- Distilling rose petals or soaking in water gives rose water a pleasant fragrance.
- It has been used for centuries in medicine and cooking.
- Rose water is generally used to clean the face and furnish skin elasticity, freshness, and flexibility, eliminate dryness, tightness of the skin, irritation, and inflammation.
Rose water is a beauty potion with remarkable uses that makes it almost the part of every woman’s cosmetic wardrobe. Rose water is a secret beauty increasing weapon for every kind of skin, whether it is oily, dry, or a combination of the both. Having goodness of fresh rose petals rose water serves the fashion and cosmetic industry very well. It is a high-demanded ingredient in our daily life as it fulfills our beauty, culinary and medicinal purposes. Keep reading ahead to know more about the best ways to use rose water and its commendable benefits.
The uses of rose water
1. Use it as a skin toner
Everyone among us habitually follows a beauty routine that includes cleansing, Masking, scrubbing, and face wash, and mostly we brush aside toning. Toning is a crucial step in our skincare routine and often ignored. Here rose water dives in as the counterpart of expensive toner and lotions. Rose water is the best antibacterial agent to remove impurities and soothes irritated acne-prone skin.
2. As a makeup remover
Rose water is the best option as a makeup remover and must be there in women’s makeup bags. Makeup remover in markets often contains harsh chemicals and alcohol that are not good for sensitive skin. However, rose water is a gentle and natural substitute that gives a hydrated and fresh feel to every skin.
3. As a face mist
A regular random spray of rose water gives a smooth and clear skin with balanced skin PH. Rose water is a power-packed potion that refreshes and rejuvenates your skin after just one-time use. Spritz it all over dead and dry skin to get bright and beautiful skin.
4. As an aftershave
Rose water has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. It removes all the rashes and burns that you get after shaving your body. Rose water is a mild astringent and antiseptic for your irritated skin after the shave. It reduces redness, burn, itching and irritation and calms your skin.
Here are the super benefits of rose water
- Because of its antiseptic properties, rose water can prevent any infection. Therefore, it is beneficial in different medicinal and natural treatments. A research study unleashed that rose water as eye drops treats conjunctivitis cases and helps in treating ocular disease.
- Rose water lightens the skin pigmentation and gives you a shiny skin tone.
- It is a beauty package for your dry lips. Rose water restores their moisture and makes them plump and pink. All you are supposed to do is: soak a cotton pad in rose water and dab it over lips.
- Rose water helps to seal the cuticle and gives your hair a shine and glamorous hydrating look.
- To inhale rose water vapors brings a pleasant change in one person’s mood. Rose water has anti-anxiety, anti-depressant properties, and a hypnotic effect that makes you relaxed and calm. Furthermore, a bath with rose water will help relieve stress and fatigue.
- Rose water is used to treat different mental diseases like grief, dementia, depression, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Rose water has also been used in aromatherapy to treat migraines and headaches.
- Rose water is beneficial for oral health. It alleviates inflammation of the gums, helps get rid of bad breath.
- The ingestion of rose water helps in digestive system problems. It increases bile flow to relieve upset stomach and bloating.
- Because of its anti-oxidant properties, rose water helps to strengthen skin tissues and cells.
- Rose water is a natural conditioner for hair that moisturizes and nourishes your hair. It assists in mild the scalp, get rid of dandruff, and revives hair growth.