This is the short ultimate core exercises guide.
So if you want to:
- Fix your weak core
- Build your muscles
- Strengthen your core
- Engage your abs
Then you’ll love this guide.
We will share the four best core exercises that you should be doing daily.
Let’s get started.
Core Exercise #1: The Plank
Plank is one of the most effective and important core exercises that you can add to your daily routine.
This exercise is famous because it targets multiple muscles of your body at the same time.
In other words:
When you are doing a plank, your arm muscles, chest muscles, back muscles, leg muscles, and most importantly, your core muscles are active at the same time.
Benefits: plank helps you build strength, endurance, and relieves different pains, etc. Moreover, it’s also good for your breathing system.
How to Perform Plank?
It’s simple. Follow these easy steps to do a plank:
- Put yourself into a pushup position and also put your forearms and elbows on the ground.
- Your entire body from the head to the toe should be straight like a line.
- Hold this posture for as long as you can.
Core Exercise #2: The Bridge
The second core exercise in our list is the bridge.
This exercise is renowned for strengthening your core & back muscles.
In fact, the bridge exercise is also one of the best for building strength & stamina quickly.
And it’s easier than you think.
How to Perform the Bridge?
Follow these easy steps to perform the bridge exercise perfectly:
- Lie down flat on the ground with your face facing the ceiling.
- Bend your knees slightly but keep your feet flat & intact with the ground.
- Now use the power of your back muscles and hip muscles to move your butt upwards.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and then lower down to the initial posture very slowly.
- Repeat this up & down as many times as you can.
Here is the good news: you can do the bridge exercise anywhere at any time. All you need is a clean rug or mat where you can lie down.
Core Exercise #3: The Side Planks
The side plank exercise is a new version of the plank.
This exercise is also famous among fitness enthusiasts because it helps you gain strength and endurance.
Side plank exercise focuses on strengthening your side muscles and increases your flexibility.
How to Perform Side Plank?
Follow these simple guidelines to perform side plant the right way:
- Get on the floor and start lying on your one side.
- Life up your body using the power of your elbow and side-core muscles.
- Only your elbow and feet should be touching the ground, whereas the rest of your body should be up in a straight line.
- Hold that posture for as long as you can.
- Repeat this exercise with the right and left sides of your body one by one.
Core Exercise #4: The Bird Dog
The fourth best core exercise on our list is the bird dog.
This exercise focuses on strengthening your core & back muscles.
You are probably going to hear from a lot of people that this exercise is just too difficult to perform, but it is not as it seems.
The fact is that the energy you will put in will pay you back exponentially in the form of good health.
How to Perform the Bird Dog?
Here is an easy guide that will help you perform the bird dog exercise:
- Get on the ground on your hands and knees and pose like a dog.
- Now extend your right arm & left leg slowly, hold for a while, and bring them back to the initial position.
- Next, extend your left arm & right leg slowly, hold them for a while, and then return to the initial position again.
- Keep repeating this exercise by extending your opposite arms & legs each time as long as you can.
These were some of the best core exercises that everyone should be doing daily.
Core exercises will strengthen your body, enhances your balance and stability, and also keep you healthy.
Why should you strengthen your core muscles?
Strengthening your core help prevent you from your risk of falling and fractures while performing various activities, says Harvard Health Publishing.
But remember this: Discipline is the key!
Always keep in mind that if you want to see any significant results, then you need to be fully disciplined while exercising.
Never expect that exercising for one or two days will show you solid results.
The choice is yours:
Be disciplined and do these core exercises every day, and you will see significant results.
Practicing self-discipline when working out will keep you healthy & stronger.