Headache is a common problem. It can be caused by stress, fatigue, long term exposure to screens, e.t.c. You can take an over the counter pain meds or use essential oils to relieve the headache. Essential oils are natural oils that are known to be beneficial to the human body. They aid in good skin health, stronger hair and nails, relieve headaches, and much more.
This article will take a closer look at the Essential oils to relieve your headaches and migraines and how you can use it safely. Here Are 4 Essential Oils That Will Ease Your Head Pain:
1. Peppermint Oil.
Peppermint is a versatile herb that has a lot of health benefits. It contains menthol, which helps relax the muscles of the body and relief pain.
- Mix several drops of peppermint oil with coconut oil, then apply to the head’s side, specifically your temples.
2. Chamomile Oil.
This oil helps ease several types of headaches, such as tension, headaches, migraines, or stress-related. Studies have additionally discovered Chamomile oil help relieve pain associated with Osteoarthritis (OA).
- Mix a few drops of chamomile oil to a carrier oil of your choice in a bath or hot water, then breathe in the steam. You will feel better in no time.
4. Lavender Oil.
This beautiful-smelling oil is known to aid skin health and reduce depression, stress, and anxiety symptoms.
- Add 2 – 4 drops to 2-3 cups of boiling water.
- Then, inhale the steam.
4. Eucalyptus Oil.
It is a good pain reliever. It is also used to disinfect wounds, control blood sugar levels, clear sinuses, reduce inflammation, and soothe cold sores.
- Add a few drops to boiling water and inhale the steam.
- You can also add it to a carrier oil of your choice and apply it to the chest to help clear sinuses.
Essential oils are versatile oils that can be used for so many things, so after you use it for headache, you can still keep the extra oils and use it for something else. They are worth investing into.