Are you not fitting in your ripped jeans?
Generally speaking, the accumulation and high concentration of fat cells around abs and obliques lead to love handles.
Keep in mind that hormonal changes, age factors, a lack of sleep, and certain untreated health problems are specific causes of love handles.
Would you like to get rid of your love handles?
The key is: “Full-body exercise and nutrient-dense food” – a combination of a sensible diet and plenty of cardio will help you reduce the dreaded muffin top.
That said, in order to burn off your love handles fully, you should try these 6 exercises that will not only shed off the extra region around your waistline but strengthen your muscles.
1. Mountain climbers
Jump into a high plank position with your shoulders over your wrists to tighten your core without placing pressure on your shoulders.
Then run your legs across the torso one by one, twisting each leg to the opposite side of your body.
These mountain climbers will tone and shed off your love handles if it is done regularly.
At the same time, this explosive and dynamic exercise helps to:
- Maintain good cardiovascular health.
- Improve the mobility of glutes and hips.
- Work all parts of the body- core muscles, including your back, hips, and abs.
Remember to keep your core engaged and work your love handles.
2. Plank with hip dips
‘When in doubt, plank it out.’
Side plank with hip dip provides a different range of motion to the side plank.
This strengthening movement promotes slight contraction of your obliques and love handles.
Once you get familiar with this planking, you can increase the intensity by:
- Twisting the hips side to the side
The repetition provides more work for those muscles while also providing a break from the monotony of maintaining a plank posture.
3. Crab toe touches
Crab toe touches is a lower-body exercise that works the hamstrings, quads, abs, and love handles.
Once you become familiar with the movement, you can increase the pace.
Additionally, the numerous benefits of this exercise are weight loss, better metabolic rate, and cardiovascular strength.
Perform a crab toe touches by following these simple steps.
- Sit on the mat keeping your feet hip-distance apart with your knees bent.
- Your hands and fingers should point backward.
- Raise your hips and kick one knee and touch with your right arm
- Switch the legs and repeat.
The most effective exercise to burn off your love handles is lunges.
With lunges, you will target your lower body and abdomen as well as improve your flexibility and posture.
The proper way to do a lunge:
Begin by standing up tall. Now step one leg forward in front of the other and also bend your knee with your front foot parallel to the floor, keep your stomach tight.
At the same time, your body should be as close to the ground as possible.
5. Bicycle crunches
With consistent practice, you can reduce your waistline and love handles in 3-4 weeks.
- Lie flat on your back and slowly draw your leg inwards, knees crossed, and hands behind your head.
- Crunch and raise your right foot keeping your left leg extended. Hold and switch sides.
Tip: start this move slowly.
6. Russian twists
The Russian twist is an easy and more beneficial exercise to burn off your love handles in no time.
To do a perfect Russian twist:
- Start by sitting on the floor or bench. Tilt your body back a little, bring your legs together and lift them off the floor.
- Stretch your arms out in front of you. Inhale and twist your torso to the right together with your arms.
- Return to the center as you exhale and twist to your opposite side as you inhale.
- You can do as many as possible for 20 to 60 seconds.
Hug and love your body more!
Exercising is not a punishment for having those love handles.
It’s to appreciate what your body can do.
Remember to take a rest whenever your body needs it.
‘Give your body the love it deserves.’