Want to learn how to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads?
Blackheads/whiteheads are formed because of skin pores clogged with dead skin cells, sebum, oil, or bacteria.
Generally speaking, blackheads and whiteheads are easy to manage at home with non-prescription products and natural remedies. Here are ways to get rid of your blackheads and whiteheads:
1. Brown sugar scrub
Brown sugar scrubs are good for exfoliating your skin to eliminate dead skin cells and bacteria due to their anti-bacterial and glycolic acid properties.
- Combine brown sugar plus honey and create a paste.
- Applied the paste to your affected skin for about 15 minutes.
- Wash it off using a clean washcloth.
- Clean it with water.
- Repeat this method once a week.
2. Wash your face twice a day
According to dermatologists and experts, it is vital to wash your face twice a day and apply a quality moisturizing lotion. Because Blackheads/whiteheads are caused by the buildup of oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells inside the pores, total face-washing can quickly eliminate them.
Note: Do not wash your face more than three times a day because it upsets the natural skin acid-base balance.
3. Use a warm compress
A warm compress applied to the affected area can eliminate these blackheads and whiteheads. Because the heat will enhance your pores to open up, eliminating the dead skin, bacteria, and sebum.
Tips: Dip a washcloth in warm water and apply it to the affected area. You can leave it on for approximately 15 minutes and wash your face with a soft facial cleanser and also block the pores by rinsing your face with cold water at the end.
4. Use salicylic acid
Salicylic acid is well-known for getting rid of blackheads and whiteheads. You can obtain salicylic acid from an over-the-counter (OTC) pharmacy or at your local grocery store.
How It works: Salicylic acid destroys the bacteria on your skin’s surface and reduces the follicles’ exfoliating process, which started the clogged pores and prevented later breakouts.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps remove bacteria and eliminate excess dirt and oil. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar will remove your dead skin cells and eliminates various impurities that can clog your skin pores and cause blackheads.
- Blend one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 30 ml water and use a cotton ball to apply it to your skin.
- Leave it for about 25 minutes and wash it thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Learn more about apple cider vinegar.
6. Apply 3% or 3% Benzoyl Peroxide Cream
Benzoyl peroxide is an active treatment for blackheads and whiteheads. This is because applying benzoyl peroxide cream to the skin help kill acne-causing bacteria and boost skin moisture.
Tips: Apply benzoyl peroxide twice per day. Don’t forget to use a moisturizer after.
7. Use lemon juice for blackheads and whiteheads
Lemon juice is an exceptional natural treatment for Blackheads/whiteheads. Because it includes citric acid, lemon juice penetrates skin pores and drains excessive oil.
Lemon juice should be used once a day, as excessive use will create skin dryness.
- Obtain the juice of one lemon and blend it with water.
- Use cotton, soak it in the lemon water mix, and use it right to the affected regions.
- Besides, you can rub the lemon skin on the face for about five minutes. Rub the lemon skin twice every day.
Oatmeal acts by exfoliating your skin because of its anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties. On the other hand, oat also helps get rid of dead skin cells and bacteria from your skin.
- You should combine the oatmeal with a cup of unflavored yogurt.
- Stir the ingredients and apply them to your face surface.
- Clean it using warm water after nearly 20 to 25 minutes.
- Use cold water at the end to seal the pores.
- Repeat the method twice a week.
9. Use a retinoid cream
Retinoid creams are often made from vitamin A, an attractive treatment choice for most skin dilemmas, including getting rid of blackheads and whiteheads.
In fact, retinoid creams stop clogging skin pores. They likewise promote the health of the cells.
10. Activated charcoal plus green clay mask
This is the most effective treatment to get get rid of blackheads and whiteheads.
If you do this charcoal mask method once or twice a week, it should be enough to have clean pores, treat your blackheads and whiteheads, and on the other hand, improve your overall skin complexion.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of activated charcoal (powder), one teaspoon of green clay, and 1/2 teaspoon warm water together.
- Mix thoroughly till the mixture is smooth and unbleached.
- Use the mask to your face with a sponge or brush.
- Allow the mask to stay for several minutes till it dries fully
then wash thoroughly with cold water.
11. Coconut oil and other essential oils
Coconut oil can cleanse your skin’s pores and clear bacteria due to its high lauric acid content. It is known to be an excellent way to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads.
- In a jar, gently dip 1/4 cup of coconut oil (10-15 seconds in the microwave oven to do it).
- Then mix the coconut oil with ten drops of lavender, lemon, and tea tree oil and mix thoroughly until it smooth.
- Take a cotton ball to apply the mixtures on your skin in the morning and evening right after washing your face.
The mixture should be stored in a closed vessel at room temperature.