Life can be tough.
Sometimes it feels like everything is going wrong, and you are just trying to keep your head above water.
When this happens, we need all the help we can get!
Inspiring quotes are a great way to remind yourself that there is always someone who has gone through something worse than you and comes out on top.
We compiled 45 inspirational quotes from some of our favorite authors for you!
Hopefully, these quotes will help put a smile on your face, no matter how bad things are going in life.
Table of contents
Here are 45 inspiring quotes to help you be more positive
1. “The greatest thing you can do is know who you are.” – Unknown
2. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
3. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
4. “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
5. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” – Dalai Lama
6. “Miracles happen to those who believe in them.” – Bernard Shaw
7. “Be positive. Focus on what you want, not on what you don’t.” – Roy T. Bennett
8. “Positive thinking is more than just a tagline. It changes the way we behave.” – Harvey Mackay
9. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
10. “The more you feed your mind with positive thoughts, the more you can attract great things into your life.” – Roy T. Bennett
11. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
12. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
13. “If you are positive, you will be happy, and if you are happy, then nothing can stop you.” – Swami Vivekananda
14. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” – Roy T. Bennett
15. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
16. “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” – Dale Carnegie
17. “You can’t control the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.” – Jimmy Dean
18. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
19. “If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up.” – J.M. Power
20. “The most important thing is not to be afraid of being different.” – Roy T. Bennett
21. “You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.” – Joyce Meyer
22. “God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘thank you?’” – William A. Ward
23. “Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.” – Matt Cameron
24. “Stay strong, and make each day a positive one.” – Unknown
25. “Keep happiness in your life by having a grateful heart and always giving thanks for all you have.” – Unknown
26. “Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – William Arthur Ward
27. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
28. “You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction.” – Jim Rohn
30. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
31. “If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan, but never the goal.” – Unknown
32. “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” – Unknown
33. “Believe that life is worth living and have faith. God has a plan for you.” – Mayor Boss
34. “The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” – Walter Bagehot
35. “Don’t focus on negative things in your life. Try to always be positive in your thoughts, words, and actions. You will be happier and have more success that way.” – Mayor Boss
36. “When you find yourself getting irritated or upset with someone else, stop for a moment and choose not to let that person’s behavior annoy you.” – Unknown
37. “In every day, there are opportunities to show kindness. Sometimes it’s as simple as a smile, or a kind word.” – Unknown
38. “Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day.” – Alice Morse Earle
39. “Smile, it’s the second-best thing you can do with your lips.” – Unknown
40. “You have to train your brain to be positive. Because your brain is like a muscle; the more you use it, the stronger it gets.” – Unknown
41. “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.” – Chinese Proverb
42. “The moment you start thinking about what somebody else is doing wrong, or why they aren’t good enough, is the moment you lose focus on what you are doing right.” – Unknown
43. “Complaining is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you anywhere.” – Unknown
44. “Happiness is a choice. It’s just one simple choice you have to make every day.” – Unknown
45. “You can’t change the past, but you can ruin your present by worrying about it.” – Unknown
Final thoughts on positive quotes
Inspirational quote collections like these can be helpful in boosting your mood and promoting a more positive outlook on life.
When you’re feeling down, reading through some positive motivational quotes can help to pick you up and get you moving again.
So if you’re ever struggling with negativity or a lack of motivation, try browsing through some inspiring quotations to give yourself a little boost!
I hope you enjoyed these inspiring quotes!
Have a wonderful day.