Friends, is the sitcom that keeps on giving. Friends is a sitcom that aired in 1994. The last episode of this funny TV series came out on May 6th, 2004. The series is about six friends who lived in Manhattan and spent 50% of their time in a coffee house named Central Perk.
Here are 20 lessons from all-time people’s favorite:
- Family isn’t always blood.
- They made conscious efforts to maintain their friendships: One thing these six best friends took seriously was their ability to work on their friendships. They didn’t throw in the towel and kept malice with each other when things didn’t go in their favor. They tried to work it out and have each other back at the end of the day.
- Saying “I’m sorry” won’t kill you: They apologize to one another when the need arises.
- Your crush can become your lover if you don’t give up—case in point; Ross and Rachel.
- It is possible to get out of the friend zone.
- The fact that you look good together doesn’t mean you should end up with him or her. Case in point: Joey and Phoebe. In as much as the viewers would have preferred them together, but it is not realistic. Not every pair that looks good together or share a kiss here and there should spend the rest of their life with each other. Phoebe eventually married Mike, and Joey officiated her wedding.
- It does not matter what is going on in your life. You can always count on your true friends.
- Hug it out. Hugs are a necessary part of friendships.
- Coffee is bae.
- Only risk takers will get what they want in life.
- Pizza is always the best option.
- A funny story always starts with a difficult time.
- Change is constant: If you are not changing, you are not growing, and if you are not growing, you are dying.
- Always have a spot like a central perk. You and your friends can go to vent about your problems or to spend some quality time.
- Be yourself because those who matter don’t care. Phoebe was herself irrespective of how ridiculous she could be at times.
- Have a job that handles the bills right now while waiting to make your dreams a reality.
- The truth will set you free.
- Be goofy because the world needs more light-hearted people.
- Good friends come in all kinds of packages, and accepting who they are is the best way to ensure we have people drinking coffee with us all day, every day.
- True friends will turn your failed marriages or failed careers into a joke until you can laugh about it, as one of those things that happen in life.
If you haven’t seen Friends, what are you waiting for? Get yourself some sugary, buttered popcorn and binge-watch this ten seasons TV series.