Do you want to know what happens to your body when you plank every day for a month?
Plank is beneficial for strengthens your core. It works your entire core, back, abdominal muscles, buttocks, legs, and shoulders.
And when the plank is done in proper form every day:
- It reduces your back pain
- Boosts your metabolism
- Improves your flexibility
- Improves your balance and posture
That being said, let’s take a look at the benefits of doing planks every day for a month.
1. Doing planks every day will help to strengthen your core
Planks work all of your significant abdominal core muscles, including transverse abdominus, rectus abdominus, and the gluteal muscles, strengthening them and improving their performance.
Through each plank, your core muscles will start getting stronger day by day.
In general, each muscle performs a different function.
Therefore, strengthening them helps your body perform various functions better than before.
For example, a stronger transverse abdominus increases your capability to lift even heavier weights.
Bottom line: plank every day helps you build strong core muscles, which helps your body function properly and reduce your risk of strain injuries.
2. When you do planks every day, your back becomes stronger
The plank is a simple exercise for strengthening your back muscles.
Think about it this way:
After a month of plank practice, your back will become more strong than ever.
And having a strong back will help:
- Improve your posture
- Decrease your chances of getting injured
- Relieve and prevent back pain
- Stability of your spine
- Support structure for your entire body.
NB: Make sure you are not putting much pressure on your spinal cord or hips; otherwise, planks can cause back pain.
3. Performing plank every day can help improve your body posture
When done correctly, it can fit your bad posture.
This is because planks target your core, spine, shoulders, chest, neck, and abdominal muscles, which help you to improve and maintain a straight posture and a straight back.
No doubt, having a good body posture help keep your bones and joints in proper alignment and improves blood flow, reduces your back and neck pain.
4. Doing planks every day can help you burn fat and tighten the belly
As you probably know, muscles help a lot in fat burning and doing planks every day builds your muscle mass.
When you have more muscle mass, it boosts your resting metabolic rate and makes your body burn more calories.
In other words, doing planks every day helps boosts your metabolism both day and night to lose overall weight.
The plank exercise can help you flatten your belly because it works with all your core muscles.
5. When you do a plank every day, you will be more flexible than ever.
Planking stretches out all of your posterior muscles and helps make your body more flexible and balanced.
In other words, a regular plank practice will really help you become more flexible over time.
6. Plank every day helps improves your mood
The plank helps stretch your entire body, which relaxes it and removes all the buildup of stress, pressure, fatigue, and gives you a positive mood.
On the other hand, doing a plank daily is great for your mental health as it can calm down your body, brain and boost your energy levels, making you feel extra energized.
7. Doing plank every day helps you maintain balance
A good balance is essential for your overall health and wellness.
If you do a one-minute plank daily for a month, you can efficiently control and maintain your body balance when you sit, stand, and move.
In short, your muscles will be strong enough to maintain your body’s overall balance, which will be useful for you in your daily life.
How to do planks correctly?
- Get down in a push-up position with your elbows firmly placed on the ground and shoulders wide apart
- Raise your body as if you are pushing it up against the floor. Make sure your elbows do not move and are placed firmly on the ground
- Keep your body parallel to the ground in a straight position
- Hold the plank pose for as long as you can
Pro Tip: If you are a beginner or overweight, do the plank on your knees. This will help reduce your stress on your spine and joints.
If you are advanced, you can do the straight arm or elbow plank.
How many minutes of plank per day?
We recommend that:
- Beginners should hold a plank for 15-30 seconds
- Intermediate level for 30-60 seconds
- Advanced level for 1 minute or more
Planks exercise has so many benefits.
But it’s very effective in improving your body posture, strengthening your back, lose weight naturally, and stretching your entire body.
Once you learn how to do a plank correctly, you will surely enjoy its benefits and appreciate its simplicity.
I hope my article will give you enough motivation to try it out for once, and trust me, and you will fell in love with it.