How do I sleep well?
We all know what happens when our body doesn’t get enough sleep. It causes many physical and mental predicaments such as fatigue, stress, frequent yawning, irritability, and even affect your body’s strength to fight off infections and illness. Therefore, as much as possible, we should get enough quality sleep.
How do you get 8 hours of sleep straight? Here are amazing tips to get enough sleep:
1. Be mindful of you eat and drink before bed
- Avoid consuming beverages that contain caffeine such as coffee, chocolate, cola, energy drinks, and tea about 4 to 6 hours before bedtime. Is it bad to sleep after drinking caffeine?Yes, caffeine can disrupt your sleep because it is a stimulant, which can make it difficult for you to fall asleep and also hinder your amount of deep sleep.
- Do not eat at bedtime. How many hours should I eat before going to bed? It is mostly better to eat 4 hours before your bedtime. This makes your stomach to rest during sleep hours so that it does not meddle with your sleep.
- Do not sleep on an empty stomach. It can make your sleep less restful, and you can wake up in the middle of the night just because you are hungry.
- Is it good to drink water before sleeping? Limit your water intake before bedtime. Drinking too much water at bedtime can wake you up in the middle of the night to urinate. This can interrupt your sleep.
- Avoid alcohol before bedtime because it can wake you up to pee, cause headaches, and night sweats, which will meddle with your sleep.
2. Make your bedroom a sanctuary for sleep
How can I fall asleep faster and stay asleep? You will sleep more quickly in an atmosphere that makes you feel comfortable to sleep. A dark, cool temperature, calm bedroom can encourage you to sleep adequately. The more light in your bedroom will affect your sleep quality, therefore making your room dark will signal your cerebrum that it’s time to sleep.
Furthermore, why do I feel so uncomfortable in bed? If your mattress and pillow are too hard and too soft, it’s time to get a new one, according to WebMD. A good mattress is a solution to a better night’s rest. Consequently, make sure you sleep on a comfortable bed, pillows, and sheets because if your mattress and pillows are bumpy or hard, it will keep you up all midnight tossing, turning, and struggling to get comfortable.
Additionally, place a relaxing scent like lavender in your bedroom to calm you in a more relaxed mood and improve your sleep quality.
3. Exercise regularly
Does exercise make you sleep better? Research indicates that regular exercise can improve the quality of your sleep. Thirty minutes of moderate aerobic exercise every day can help you fall asleep faster and sleep peacefully.
Why is it hard to fall asleep after working out? Do not exercise close to bedtime. It may disrupt your sleep. Aerobic exercise can excite your body to release endorphins, which can keep your body to keep you awake all night. You should exercise at least 4 hours before bedtime or early in the morning.
4. Practice healthy sleep habits before bedtime
Good sleep habits make it natural for your body to shift from working all day to falling asleep at night. Do things that relax your mind and soul before bed, such as:
- Taking a warm shower that can clam your body temperature to make you feel more sleepy
- Try a relaxation breathing technique for several seconds. Sit or lie down cozily, inhaling calmly through your nose and exhale from your mouth
- Read a book
- Listen to music
- Mindfulness meditation
Additionally, stop using electronic devices like phones, tablets, computers, or watching TV at bedtime because it can interfere with sleep. How long before bed should you stop using electronics? At least 30 to 45 minutes before bedtime.
Final word: Avoid any stressful activities close to bedtime, such as work or discussing problems that can trigger your emotions. Any actions that cause you to stress can disrupt your sleep.