Shower heads can get really dirty and gunky over time, which means less water pressure and a nasty smell. Not only is it annoying when your shower head gets clogged up, but it can also be pretty smelly. Plus, who wants to stand under a weak stream of water? Cleaning a shower head is actually really easy – all you need is some white vinegar. In just a few minutes, your shower will be back to its old self, with full water pressure and no more funk. Are you ready to get your shower head clean? Let’s get started.
On This Page
How to Clean a Shower Head With Vinegar
To clean your shower head:
- Fill up a plastic bag with white vinegar and tie it over the shower head so that the nozzle is completely submerged in the liquid.
- Leave it there for at least 30 minutes or an hour, depending on how dirty it is.
- Untie the vinegar-filled bag and turn on the hot water.
- Run the hot water for a few minutes to rinse off any remaining vinegar and loosened gunk.
- Use an old toothbrush to scrub away any stubborn residue, if needed.
- Enjoy your clean shower head!
How to Clean Shower Head Without Vinegar
If you don’t have any vinegar on hand, you can also try a baking soda and water solution.
- Mix one cup of baking soda and a small amount of water to create a thick paste.
- Apply the paste around the shower head and let it sit for one hour.
- Then, use a microfiber or soft sponge to wipe away the paste.
- Finally, turn on the hot water and let it run for a few minutes to flush out any remaining residue.
- And there you have it – a sparkly clean shower head!
How Often to Clean a Shower Head
It is a good idea to clean your shower head once a month. This can help keep your shower head in good condition and prevent the build-up of bacteria, mold, and mildew.
Cleaning your shower head is an easy and quick way to keep a fresh-smelling, high-pressure bath. With just a few simple supplies, you can enjoy the benefits of a sparkling clean shower head. Don’t forget to clean it regularly!
Also Read: How to Clean Oven Glass