Get Rid Of Armpit Fat With These 5 Exercises
- Exercises like push-ups, jumping jacks, downward-facing dog pose, and mountain climbers are great to get rid of armpit fat.
- To maximize results, do these exercises 3-5 times per week.
- Remember to stay hydrated and eat healthy foods to help speed up the process.
Tight, toned arms are often considered the epitome of fitness. But for many of us, getting rid of that excess arm and armpit fat can be a real challenge. Genetics, age, and weight gain can all contribute to excess fat in these areas, making them difficult to target with diet and exercise alone.
But don’t despair! There are some exercises you can do to help target those trouble spots and get rid of armpit fat once and for all. So put down that jar of peanut butter, step away from the Netflix binge, and let’s get started!
Push-ups are a great way to tone your arms, shoulders, and chest all at once. And the best part is, they can be done just about anywhere.
To do a push-up:
- Begin in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet hip-width apart.
- Slowly lower your chest toward the floor, keeping your core engaged and your back straight.
- When your chest is an inch or two from the floor, pause and then press back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for 10-12 reps.
If regular push-ups are too difficult at first, you can modify them by doing them on your knees instead of your toes.
2. Jumping jacks
Jumping jacks are not just for kids anymore! This cardio move gets your heart pumping while also toning your arms, legs, and core.
To do a jumping jack:
- Begin standing with your feet together and your hands at your sides.
- Jump up and spread your legs out wide as you raise your arms above your head.
- Reverse the motion by jumping back to the starting position with your feet together and arms at your sides.
- Repeat for 30 seconds or as long as you can maintain good form.
3. Downward-facing dog pose
Downward-facing dog pose may look like a simple stretch, but it actually works for multiple muscle groups at once—including those pesky triceps!
To do the pose:
- Begin on all fours with your wrists under your shoulders and knees under your hips.
- Tuck your toes under and lift your hips up and back until you form an inverted V shape with your body—your heels should be pressing into the ground (if they’re not, pedaling them like you’re riding a bike will help).
- Press into your palms to lengthen through the spine as you breathe deeply for 5-10 breaths.
4. Mountain climbers
Mountain climbers are another great way to get rid of armpit fat while also amping up your heart rate for a little added cardio benefit.
To do mountain climbers:
- Begin in a high plank position with wrists under shoulders and feet hip-width apart—make sure that each hand is directly below its corresponding shoulder.
- Bring one knee toward the chest as you keep the other leg straight behind you with the top of the foot pressed into the ground.
- Keep abs pulled toward the spine throughout movement so that there’s no arch in the lower back as you switch legs to bring the other knee forward toward the chest (keeping both hands still beneath the shoulders).
- Return to start position by quickly bringing both knees in toward chest—that’s one rep; repeat continuously for 30 seconds or as long as possible without sacrificing good form.”
5. Bench dip
Last but not least is the bench dip—a great move for toning those triceps! You can use a chair, couch, or even more, a bed to do this move (just make sure it’s stable!).
To do a bench dip:
- Place palms on edge of the bench behind you with fingers pointing toward the body (or grip the edge of a sturdy chair seat) so that palms support upper body weight behind elbows (elbows should be close to the body).
- Position feet about hip-width apart in front of the bench (toes should be touching the ground).
- Keeping torso upright (core engaged), slowly lower body until elbows form 90-degree angles (knees can be bent slightly if needed).
- Once elbows reach 90 degrees, press back up through palms to return to the start position.
- Repeat 12 times; rest for 30 seconds; repeat for 2 sets total.
There you have it! Five exercises that will help you get rid of armpit fat once and for all. Remember to mix these exercises into a well-rounded fitness routine that includes cardio, strength training, and stretching for best results—and don’t forget to have fun while you’re working out!
Thanks for reading!