The only way to get rid of pot belly is to lose weight. Therefore exercise and eating healthy should be one of your priorities.
I know it may difficult to remove fat from the abdomen, both in women and men, but with the right exercise concentrated on working your belly muscles, you can rid of abdominal fat.
However, here are some exercises to get rid of a pot belly that you can do at home. You can choose the ones you like or combine them, and practice them every day.
1. Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers are an excellent intense cardio exercise that will help you to burn calories, stabilize your upper body, core, and toning up your abdominal muscles.
How To Do A Mountain Climbers
- Get into a plank position.
- Hold yourself with your arms stretched, back flat, and weight on only on your toes.
- With your core engaged, bring the right knee to your chest and then return it to its previous position. Switch legs, bringing the left knee to your chest.
- Repeat the steps on the other leg.
- Continue switching legs almost like you are running. Sure to inhaling and exhaling with each leg change.
- Aim for a one-minute mountain climbers
Keep in mind that, in order to get rid of a pot belly, you should perform this exercise 3 to 4 times a week.
2. The stomach vacuum
Stomach vacuums are a fabulous exercise with a great impact on your abdominal muscles. In fact, it’s an excellent way to lose your pot belly without wasting a lot of time.
You can do stomach vacuums lying down, standing, or sitting.
How To Do A Stomach Vacuum
- Stand or lie on the floor with your feet shoulder-width apart, place your arms along your hips.
- Take a complete deep breath exhalation without tightening your abdominal muscles, and then pull in your abdomen as hard as you can and lock it for 10-15 seconds and release. Take some normal air breaths and repeat the exercise.
- Repeat 10 to 15 times.
- It is recommended to make a habit of doing this stomach vacuum exercise every day.
Note: You need to do this exercise on an empty stomach, preferably in the morning or 3-4 hours after a meal to avoid any digestive issues.
3. Bicycle Crunches
Bicycle crunches are an excellent choice for those who want to remove extra pounds from their abdomen and get rid of a pot belly.
This exercise way to target your rectus abdominis muscle, tone your thighs, and obliques.
How To Do A Bicycle Crunches
- Lie flat on the ground with your lower back pressed to the floor with your legs straight.
- With both hands behind your head, slowly lift your head and upper back off of the ground.
- Straighten the left leg long while turning the upper body right, Bring the right knee up to the chest and left elbow towards your right knee.
- Repeat on the opposite sides. Sure, to focus on slow movement, rather than striving to perform it as fast as possible. The slow movement, the better.
- Aim for 15 reps and three sets.
4. Abdominal crunches
Abdominal crunches will provide you a balance to your body, strengthen your abdominal muscles, strong back, and strengthen your core. You will see that six-pack abs that you desire so much.
How To Do A Abdominal Crunches
- Lie down on the ground on your back and bend your knees, putting your hands behind your head or across your chest.
- Gently squeeze your abdominals, bringing your shoulder blades about few inches off the floor.
- Exhale as you come up and slowly lower back down
- Repeat for 15 to 20 repetitions
Planks are one of the most compelling exercises you can do every day to quickly tightens your entire body, get rid of a pot belly, including your oblique muscles, rectus abdominus, and even your glutes completely.
It can burn a lot of calories in just 1 minute, and it can be done anywhere, anytime.
To perform planks, get into a pushup position, lean on your elbows and toes. Your body should form a straight line.
Make sure there is no bend in your waist. In this position, the maximum amount of time should be kept.
You can start with 30 seconds, gradually increasing the time. It is recommended to make planking an everyday habit. Learn more about planking.
6. Jumping rope
Jumping rope is an excellent full-body cardio workout that can eliminate your pot belly. Additionally, it can genuinely help you lose fat in both your thighs and arms.
Make it an effort to jump rope for 10 minutes, and also try pulling your core tight during a skipping rope exercise routine, and you can target that abs area.